11.18.2010

Collector of Many Things


Red Slipper Room: Dever, CO
In my collection I have matchebooks that were passed down to me by my Great Grandmother.  Those ones tend to be my absolute favorites; some because of where they are from, but mostly because of the intricate details that came from the society of the 60s when everyone smoked and matchbooks as advertisments were useful. The others in my collection are ones I have gottn myself, since smoking is not as popular as it was matchbooks no longer have the same detail as those of the past.
My favorite of those are ones that bring back memories of my youth (LOL).  

These from the Red Slipper Room are my absolute absolute favorites, I love that the matchstick is a lady leg, I also love that the strike pad is inside the matchbook.





I love this one because colors and graphic. The inside cover reads 
"If your hair isnt becoming to you, you should be coming to us"

This is from my Great Grandmother (Grammy), I belive the salon was in Chicago




Grand Hotel
This one I like for the detail, the matchstick is in the shape of a building, I also like that the strike pad is inside the matchbook, and it is from Oslo, Norway.  This is one that was passed down to me from my Grammy.





I tend to like matchboxes more than matchbooks.  These are from El Toro, CA. From Grammy's collection.




Magnolia's Peach


From Grammy. Brea, CA.  This I like that the strike head is peach, I also love the color combination and font used.






Velvet Turtle in Los Angeles.
From Grammy.
Again this one has such a great logo. And I like that the logo is the focus without being too in your face.


Back of matchbox



Top of matchbox

This box is one I aquired myself.  This is from a fancy date Greg and I went on before we moved from SF to LA.



The back graphic is a depiction of how the prime rib is served to you. They bring the roaster and carve your piece right before your eyes.




Aventine
This is another one I got myself on a night out with friends in San Francisco.
  I love the map on the back of the box.
Astoria, NY



Brick Cafe in Astoria, NY. This is another one with a map, which I really love. I got this when I was visiting Andy.

Another great night out with a great friend.




This matchbook is abnormal for my collection as I bought it.  Greg and I bought this right before we moved from chilly SF to "hot as hell" LA.





No comments:

Post a Comment