11.19.2010

Flasback!! San Francisco

Green the City
This was a promotional move done by PG&E to promote a "green" life. In 3 different areas of the city they set up couches made of grass and took Polaroids.  We only made it out to 2 locations before we turned back. 2007.
Green the City::Stop One::Civic Center


Green the City::Stop Two::Financial District
Green the City::Stop Two::Financial District
















Franklin Street.  

This is a building my family has owned for over 25 yrs and I love it. When I was young we did a bit of moving, having moved 7 times before I was 15, because of this spending every summer with my Dad at Franklin Street became the constant and now the building just feels like home.  Partly because of my childhood memories of doing chores and spending time with my Dad, but also because when I made the BIG move from Puyallup, WA to San Francisco I was lucky enough to get an apartment in that very building that is so close to my heart.  I lived in that studio for almost 4 years before I finally left it, moving to Walnut Creek for 10 months before making the 2nd BIG move of my life to Los Angeles.  Below are a couple pictures of the view my studio had of the city.   

Transamerica Building in the far back to the left
In this photo you can see O'Farrell Street on the
 bottom left, which will take you straight
downtown to Union Sqaure in 8 blocks.
You can also see east out to the ocean and
when there are events at SBC stadium I
was able to watch the fireworks

No comments:

Post a Comment